Review the Installation Considerations
Review the following installation considerations before installing CA ARCserve D2D:
- The CA ARCserve D2D installation package is available through a web download and from the product installation CD.
- Verify that you have administrator privileges or the proper permissions to install software on the servers where you are installing CA ARCserve D2D.
- If you uninstall and install a new CA ARCserve D2D build and specify the same backup destination as the previous build, the first backup after the installation runs as a Verify backup.
- After you install CA ARCserve D2D to a server, there is a deployment link on the home page to let you deploy CA ARCserve D2D remotely. With this link, you are able to deploy CA ARCserve D2D to other servers remotely.
- After installation, you can configure your antivirus software to exclude specific processes, folders, and files so that the antivirus software does not interfere with the proper operation of CA ARCserve D2D. For a complete list of processes, folders, and files that should be excluded, see Antivirus Configuration.
- If CA ARCserve D2D is being installed on a x64 Windows Core Operating System (Windows Server 2008 and 2008 R2 Core edition), you should also install Windows-on-Windows 64-bit (WOW64) on the Server Core for the CA ARCserve D2D setup to work.
- By default, CA ARCserve D2D uses the Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP) for communication among all of its components. If you are concerned about the security of information that is communicated between these components including passwords, you can select this option to change the protocol being used to Hypertext Transfer Protocol Secure (HTTPS).
- For a list of the possible error codes that the CA ARCserve D2D installer could return, see CA ARCserve D2D Installer Error Codes.
Review the following installation considerations for remote deployment of CA ARCserve D2D:
Copyright © 2013 CA.
All rights reserved.